Monday, May 16, 2011



We completed a writing sample last week about a time we were scared. A major focus for the class was to create impact in the reader's mind using the show don't tell technique. Mr Baylis is so proud of them that we've published them!! Here's Emily R and Kurtis' work. Enjoy!!

Boom, Crack! As the heavy rain splattered against my window, I lay there paralyzed with fear. Darkness surrounded me and all I could see was a bright light that turned on and off , all in a single breath. I could hear voices calling out to me but I couldn’t hear what they were trying to say. Boom, Crack, Boom! Was all that I heard. I pulled my

curtain to see what was going on outside. I couldn't see past the thick layer of rain that was still getting thrown at my window. It was then that I remembered I always kept a book light on my desk. I used that to find myself some company. I ended up finding myself downstairs where my mum and dad were speaking quietly.



Written By Emily R



As I patter down the toy section I think to myself “ITS HEAVAN down here". I start grabbing everything a boy could every want a minute  later I have tone of toys in my hands. I had so much toys I needed a trolley .Hmmmmmm “A HA ill get a trolley yes yes what a wonderful idea!!!” so I put all the toys on the floor I race to get a trolley. As I race past all the sections looking at everything I stop and look at the chocolate “OH MY GOD”  they sell chocolate here to so I keep going then I race past  the chocolate I went so fast the chocolate flew in the trolley. “Finely back to the toy section” I put all the toys in the trolley. after I go get EVEN MORE TOYS……………. An hour later I have all the toys Iv ever wanted. Now I walk past all     sections minutes later I find out I was going around in circles and I was lost. Now there was only thing to do cry.
People keep walking past the 3 year old kid (that’s me) just crying.  Finally an old lady comes and pick me up and took me to my mum then I didn't want my toys anymore I just wanted my mum.
By Kurtis



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...