Thursday, August 25, 2011

Current Events - Pay It Forward



Today for Current Events we read and discussed the following article (If you click on the picture it will take you there):



We then discussed the concept of 'Paying It Forward', whether we should be doing it and examples of when we have done it. 
Here is our class definition of 'Pay It Forward': Doing a simple act of kindness because you can, and not expect anything in return.
Here are some of our thoughts and examples:

I think pay it forward is good because when you help people you fell good inside.
When my sister was hurt I took out the bins for her.By Nicholas.


I think pay it forward is good because it's good to help people.When my little brother jumped off my bed and hit his head on the other bed I did his jobs.By Todd.


I think pay it forward is good because others will respect you for it and may return the favour.
When my mum was sore and not feeling well I made her breakfast because it looked liked she needed help. By Tessa


I think it is bad because you might have a little bit of petrol then you give somebody most of your petrol
and you might not have any petrol for you so you will be stuck and there are no petrol places around you.
When my friend James has no food I give him some of my food and I call them presents.
by TANAE


I think pay it forward is good because you are being nice to someone and they might give you back the favour.I gave my sister $2 to buy some noodles.By Caitlyn

The challenge has now been set to Room 1 to Pay It Forward every day for a week, and next Thursday we'll discuss how we got on. If you have any Pay It Forward moments, please share them with us as we'd love to hear them.

1 comment:

  1. I think it is 50/50 because its good to pay it forward but if you do it to the same person over and over again it will just be annoying

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...